POC Series O-ring Cap Piston Seal
The POC piston seal is a proven reliable seal for both low and medium pressure systems. They are designed to fit in standard o-ring glands for easy upgradable seals.
The POC seal is a low profile doubleacting filled T-LON® PTFE compound with an o-ring elastomer energizer designed for reciprocating or slow rotary applications with lower seal drag than O-ring/elastomer seals. The filled PTFE seal ring is manufactured with an interference fit with the bore and optimum compression with the O-ring energizer. This offers excellent sealability at low pressures and high pressures when the cylinder experiences ballooning. Since the energizers are standard AS568 O-ring sizes, many elastomer compounds are readily available.
Face Grooves (Optional):
For applications with high pressure rise rates, pressure spikes, and rapid change of direction, the seal is apt to experience blow-by. To prevent blow-by and to energize the seal rapidly, face grooves are added to both sides of the seal.
- Low seal drag/friction (Minimize energy loss)
- No Stick-slip (Smooth Operation)
- Long seal life from T-LON® filled PTFE compounds
- Available for cylinders up to 20″ diameter
- Mobile Hydraulic Cylinders
- Pneumatic Piston Cylinders
- Agriculture Equipment
- Hydraulic Valves and Pumps
- Static O-ring Glands (Prevents o-ring spiraling, Reduces friction/seal drag during assembly/disassembly)
(1) T-LON® seal compound determines allowable pressure and velocity ranges
- Velocity: Up to 12 ft/s
- Pressure: Up to 5000 psi (Function of e-gap and T-LON® compound. Max velocity and pressure cannot be used together)
GLASS FILLED PTFE (“03”)
- Good wear resistance for tubes with rougher surface finish
- Chemical resistant and low seal drag
MINERAL MoS2 FILLED PTFE (“41”)
- Good wear resistance with lubricating additive
- Very low seal drag and low abrasiveness
(2) Loader compound determines temperature and chemical compatibility
NBR SHORE 70 A (“P”)
- Working Temp. Range -30°F to 230°F (250°F intermittent)
- Commonly used with greases, aliphatic hydrocarbon mineral and vegetable oils, and various hydraulic fluids
EPDM SHORE 70 A (“E”)
- Working Temp. Range -50°F to 300°F (400°F steam intermittent)
- Commonly used with water, steam, water/ silicone/ glycol based fluids, and app’s affected by ozone and weathering.