GRM Metric Bi-Directional Rod Seal
The GRM metric rod seal is a proven reliable seal for both low and high pressure systems. The GRM seal is a bi-directional seal and filled T-LON® PTFE compound with an oring elastomer energizer designed for reciprocating applications. The filled PTFE seal ring is manufactured with an interference fit with the rod and optimum compression with the o-ring energizer. The optimized sealing surface allows a fluid film to form between the seal and rod during reciprocating motion with excellent sealability for static holding applications.
Face Grooves (Optional): For applications of high pressure rise rates, pressure spikes, and rapid change of direction, the seal is apt to experience blow-by. To prevent blow-by and to energize the seal rapidly, face grooves are added to both sides of the seal.
- Low seal drag/friction (Minimize energy loss)
- No Stick-slip (Smooth Operation)
- Long seal life from T-LON® filled PTFE compounds
- Available for rods up to 500 mm
- Hydraulic Rams/Presses
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Valves
- Injection Molding Machines
BRONZE FILLED PTFE (“21” or “22”)
- Highest Extrusion Resistance (Higher bronze content increases extrusion/wear resistance; I.E. larger e-gap allowable)
- Good sealability
CARBON/GRAPHITE FILLED PTFE (“36”)
- Good for pneumatics and nonlubricating fluids
- More chemical resistant and used in applications with short stroke movements/vibrations
NBR SHORE 70 A (“P”)
- Working Temp. Range -35°C to 110°C (121°C intermittent)
- Commonly used with greases, aliphatic hydrocarbon mineral and vegetable oils, and various hydraulic fluids
EPDM SHORE 70 A (“E”)
- Working Temp. Range -45°C to 150°C (204°C steam intermittent)
- Commonly used with water, steam, water/ silicone/ glycol based fluids, and app’s affected by ozone and weathering.