SRI Series Stepped Rod Buffer Seal
With over 30 years of application success, the SRI stepped rod buffer seal is a proven reliable seal for both low and high pressure systems.
The SRI seal is a single-acting filled TLON® PTFE compound with an o-ring elastomer energizer designed for reciprocating applications. The filled PTFE seal ring is manufactured with an interference fit with the rod and optimum compression with the o-ring energizer. The single-acting seal design must be asssembled with the step facing the media to be sealed. The optimized lip profile removes the fluid film during rod extension and allows fluid return during rod retraction. To prevent seal damage during extreme pressure spikes, the stepped profile allows temporary leakage that is sealed by a secondary buffer seal to prevent fluid into the environment.
- Low seal drag/friction (Minimize energy loss)
- No Stick-slip (Smooth Operation)
- Long seal life from T-LON® filled PTFE compounds
- Available for rods up to 44″ diameter
- Industrial Hydraulic Cylinders
- Mobile Hydraulic Cylinders
- Agriculture Equipment
- Hydraulic hammers
(1) T-LON® seal compound determines allowable pressure and velocity ranges
- Velocity: Up to 13 ft/s
- Pressure: Up to 8500 psi
(Function of e-gap and T-LON® compound. Max velocity and pressure cannot be used together)
BRONZE FILLED PTFE (“21” or “22”)
- Highest Extrusion Resistance (Higher bronze content increases extrusion/wear resistance; I.E. larger e-gap allowable)
- Good sealability
GLASS/MoS2 FILLED PTFE (“31”)
- Working Temp. Range -50°F to 300°F (400°F steam intermittent)
- Commonly used with water, steam, water/ silicone/ glycol based fluids, and app’s affected by ozone and weathering.
(2) Loader compound determines temperature and chemical compatibility
NBR SHORE 70 A (“P”).
- Working Temp. Range -30°F to 230°F (250°F intermittent)
- Commonly used with greases, aliphatic hydrocarbon mineral and vegetable oils, and various hydraulic fluids
EPDM SHORE 70 A (“E”)
- Good wear resistance for rods with rougher surface finish
- More chemical resistant and used in applications when seal could run dry